Saturday, 5 September 2015

Daily Mail: Oops! Sorry Bout Dat

Scotland Yard is under pressure to shelve its VIP paedophile murder inquiry after it emerged detectives had ‘grave doubts’ about the testimony of the key witness.

Officers have not found a ‘shred of credible evidence’ to back up claims that a string of senior Establishment figures were responsible for murdering three boys in the 1970s and 1980s.

Many detectives believe the inquiry – which has already cost the taxpayer more than £1million – is doomed and should be wound up.

Senior figures in the separate judge-led public inquiry into historic child sex abuse and in the Crown Prosecution Service have been told informally that there appears to be no substance to the allegations made by a witness known only as ‘Nick’.

Nick is an alleged abuse victim who was described by a senior Met Police detective last year as being ‘credible and true’.

Amid claims that Yard chiefs are ‘too scared’ to pull the plug on the inquiry, 30 officers in the cash-strapped force are probing the astonishing triple-murder allegation, linked to Dolphin Square in Central London.

It can also be revealed that police initially took Nick’s account seriously because he has a respectable managerial job and does ‘not fit the stereotype of a child abuse fantasist’.

But there are now fears he is a ‘Walter Mitty’ who has made up the murder allegations

Police have not been able to identify any of the alleged victims, discover any bodies or find any credible independent witnesses.

Sources say a number of officers have ‘grave doubts’ about Nick’s account but fear that saying this in public could put child-sex victims off contacting police.

Details of the Met’s fears over the allegations have emerged after former Conservative MP Harvey Proctor accused police of a ‘gay witch-hunt’ when he disclosed that he had been questioned over the alleged murders.

Nick says he was abused at depraved sex ‘parties’ from the age of seven, and claims to have witnessed horrific acts at the luxury Dolphin Square estate between 1975 and 1984.

He has described being driven by a chauffeur, along with a terrified 12-year-old boy, to a luxury townhouse where he watched as a Tory MP strangled the other child.

Nick said he saw a second boy being murdered in front of a Tory Cabinet minister in 1981. A third boy died in 1979 after being run over by a member of the gang, he alleges.

In November last year, Nick told the BBC that his abusers ‘created fear that penetrated every part of me, day in day out’.

But the Mail has been told that when Nick is challenged on his version of events, he ‘becomes emotional and the interview is stopped’.

A source said: ‘When he contacted police, he had a well-rehearsed script and initially appeared believable. But when you scratch under the surface of his claims, there is nothing there.

'The notion of an organised paedophile gang of a former prime minister, MPs and Establishment figures is just nonsense.

‘Police have not been able to identify any victims. There is not one shred of credible evidence to support his allegations. The police investigation has been exhaustive but they have drawn a blank.’ ...

Daily Mail.

Quick summary for busy readers: The Mail here is kinda admitting it's been publishing a load of utter errant nonsense about Operation Midland and a supposed 'VIP paedophile ring' for years.

A six year-old could have seen this was all as laughable as an alien abduction story.

And shame on the Sunday People and Tom Watson MP for being such prime colluders in this lunatic - and yes, homophobic - episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment